As of April 2022, homeowners will now pay 0% VAT on the installation of all renewable technologies. Read More

Far Community Centre Commercial Solar Panel & Heat Pump Install in Newcastle

Our client, The Far Community Centre, required the commercial installation of solar panels and an air source heat pump in Newcastle. Their main aim was to reduce carbon emissionsand bring bills down.

The Far Community Centre is a focal point within the heart of the Fenham area, where they provide a range of valuable resources to benefit the local residents.

They Started life based within a terraced house in the area, and have since blossomed into a large social hub for elderly and disabled people, families, single parents, children and young adults.

The upgraded centre provides a safe space for residents of all ages to socialise with one another and offers a range of learning opportunities and activities to help develop skills and self confidence.

In order to meet their renewable targets EcoFuture was able to provide solar panel and heat pump installation of this commercial building within a two week timeframe.

BESPOKE SYSTEM DESIGN

Our System Design

All systems are completely bespoke so we can maximise the efficiency of your system.

Commercial solar & heat pump design

Maximum Efficiency

The renewables system we designed for the Far Community Centre was created with carbon reduction in mind. Our main target was to provide a system with the flexibility to work alongside their existing heating and infrastructure, whilst reducing carbon emissions as far as practically possible.

We designed a bespoke commercial hybrid system, which included air source heat pump and solar panel installation for the centre. The system was designed to satisfy 90% of their heating and hot water demands. The remaining 10% of this was then aided with a Vaillant Ultra High Efficiency Boiler.

All of this was paired with a 24 panel Solar install on roof solar to help power the facility. The new solar PV system is capable of generating a massive 78% of the electrical consumption for the centre which in turn will drive down energy usage from the grid and reduce carbon consumption.

The community centre applied for funding on the basis of reducing their carbon footprint drastically which helped keep installation costs to a minimum.

System Benefits

Our client has benefitted from the following improvements thanks to their newly installed commercial system in Newcastle:

Maximum Savings

Community Centre benefits explained...

The Fenham based community centre’s dependancy on natural gas was drastically reduced by 90% for their heating needs, and their hot water needs were slashed by an astounding 100%. This is due to the Vaillant Air Source Heat Pump installation working in tandem with a Vaillant High Efficiency Gas Boiler to drive down the clients carbon emissions.

The clients energy consumption has naturally increased due to the new Air Source Heat Pump producing the centres heating and hot water needs. This increased energy usage is handled by the centres newly installed Solar PV system.

The energy production from the new solar system has a larger savings impact as it is able to generate 78% of the total electrical consumption for the Far Centre. This new eco technology system now powers the heating, hot water and all other electrical demands.

System Installation

Ecofuture provide commercial air source & solar panel installs in Newcastle and the surrounding areas.

Air source & Solar Installation

How did we install this system?

The first step was to install the solar panels, 24 in total, within two sections in order to maximise coverage. While one team was installing the panels our mechanical team got to work removing the old gas boiler system, along with the outdated hot water cylinder and all existing pipework. This helped to create a blank canvas for the centres brand new renewable system.

The next step was to install a commercial air source heat pump (High Efficiency Vaillant eroTHERM) which was coupled with a Vaillant Gas Boiler. This created a hybrid system that can maximise the Far Community Centre’s heating and hot water production.

During the second week of the project our engineers carried out all of the electrical installation works and finished with a full customer handover.

Get your bespoke quote...

Do you want to upgrade your existing home with solar or air source? Are you working on a new build project and want to discuss renewable options?

PLEASE GET IN TOUCH

We’d love to disscuss your project and provide a quote. Just click the button below to get the ball rolling.

Ready to make

the switch?

Ready to make the switch?

Get in touch today:

168A Kells Lane, Low Fell, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, NE9 5HY

Follow us for the latest news: